Here’s what I’m up to these days:
- I’m having a baby! Well, my wife is. It’s our first, it’s a boy, and we couldn’t be more excited. He is due April 4, 2017.
- I continue to write for Kiplinger.com and San Diego Downtown News. Writing does not come easily to me. I enjoy the ongoing challenge and appreciate the support from these two publications.
- I picked the guitar back up. In college, I played every day. But, since entering the real world, it’s just been collecting dust on the wall. I downloaded an App called Yousician which I’ve found to be extremely helpful. And yes, I play a Taylor Guitar. Pretty much mandatory.
- I’m on track to read two books per month – one of my goals for 2016 that I failed to reach. So far, I’ve read Alive: The Story of the Andes Survivors and Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage. I could read non-fiction books all day, but time to nerd out and change it up. Next on the list is Your Complete Guide to Factor Based Investing.
- I started getting acupuncture. Prior to meeting my acupuncturist and giving it a fair chance, I thought the whole thing was a hoax. I couldn’t have been more wrong. If I could go every day, I would.
- I finally downloaded Evernote and built out a process to help me stay organized. Time management has been a constant challenge for me. This was one recent addition to my technology stack that I hope will improve my efficiency. If interested in taking your notes to the next level, Michael Hyatt wrote this great post on how he uses Evernote.
- I continue to pay for ongoing business coaching. Last year, I took a few months off. Bad idea. I could feel the difference in both my personal and professional life. I won’t be doing that again.
- Speaking of coaching, my wife just launched her coaching business. She is not my business coach (that would be dangerous) but she is part of the same coaching institute as the person I use. The technology they use is life changing.
- Last but not least, I’m currently trying to eat better and exercise more. This page will constantly be updated, but this bullet point will likely remain static forever.
Paisley, anxiously awaiting the arrival of her new brother.