Any industry can get so set in its ways that innovation passes us by. But as most of us know, or are learning, being different can be the difference-maker to your success. Dale Yahnke is no stranger to thinking outside of the box, spotting issues in the financial planning field early on. He followed his intuition, started his own wealth management firm, and now manages over $3billion as the largest fee-only Registered Investment Advisor headquartered in San Diego.
Dale has a background in economics and financial analysis and is the CEO and founder of Dowling and Yahnke Wealth Management. It’s easy to see how passionate he is about his business model and helping people manage their funds in a clear-cut and intelligent way.
In this episode, Dale shares with us what has made his firm successful over the years. From the very intentional way he built his business to how he acquired clients, he explains the how and why behind everything he did. He even gives detailed information on what services they provide to clients and advice for those who want to get into the wealth management field.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why the independent, fee-only/fiduciary model works so well.
- How Dale’s business grew to manage $200 million within 7 years of opening the doors.
- How to get clients without making cold calls.
- How Dale and his firm keep their billing methods simple and easy to understand.
- Why being selective with your clients will pay off big time in the long run.
- How to get into the wealth management field.
- Dale’s best tips for building and preserving wealth.
Resources for this Episode:
- Dale Yahnke: Twitter | LinkedIn | Bio
- Dowling & Yahnke
- Vanguard: Markets are Unpredictable
- Dissecting Anomalies with a Five-Factor Model
Enjoy the Show? Subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher!
Actionable Ideas to Maximize Your Wealth
And no, driving for Uber on the weekends isn't one of them. Stay connected and never miss an update. Join the Stay Wealthy newsletter.