In the competitive and often difficult to trust building and remodeling industry, the Murray Lampert name has been steady and reliable for generations. Follow along as current owner, Gregg Cantor, explains how he started from a humble place in the company and eventually grew it to where it is today. Learn how he worked with his Grandfather to improve and guide the company in the right direction and see what he is doing now to push the company into the future.
In this episode, Gregg emphasizes the importance of being honest and clear with clients up front and why that has really set Murray Lampert apart from its competition. He also shares common misconceptions about remodeling due to the popularity of HGTV and even gives advice on how to vet a potential contractor to make sure they will be worth your time and money.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to use listening and communication to grow a company throughout multiple generations.
- How they estimate costs and time to give clients the most honest and upfront information possible.
- How the industry has evolved over recent years and how the internet and media have influenced how people design and remodel their homes.
- How to find a good contractor and what questions to ask them to make sure they are right for you.
- The importance of being involved and accessible as an owner and manager.
- The positive effects of bringing on interns and those from younger generations.
- Why cutting corners in order to be cheaper or quicker is never worth it.
Resources for this Episode:
- Gregg Cantor
- Murray Lampert – Website | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Google+
- Approved Home Pro Show
- New School of Architecture and Design
- Design Institute San Diego
- Lido’s Italian Foods
- Bud’s Louisiana Cafe
Thanks for Listening!
I appreciate you visiting our site today and listening to this episode.
If you’re listening through the Apple Podcast App, please help us by partnering with us to grow this movement. The first step to helping us reach more San Diegan’s is to leave a 5-star review for the Stay Wealthy San Diego Podcast! (Please click the link from your cell phone, then click the REVIEWS tab).
Ratings, reviews, and subscribes are extremely helpful to expanding our reach within the Apple community.
Enjoy the Show? Subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher!
Actionable Ideas to Maximize Your Wealth
And no, giving up your daily Starbucks isn't one of them. Stay connected and never miss an update. Join the Stay Wealthy newsletter.