Medication can be a complicated, confusing and frustrating thing to figure out. It’s hard to know what is safe and what is right for your unique needs.
Deb Hubers, co-founder of La Vita, joins us on the show to talk about what a compounding pharmacy is and how keeping treatments more natural and custom benefits people greatly. We discuss the history of compounding pharmacies and how you are able to use them to solve many of the issues that pop up with commercial medications.
Deb shares her journey starting La Vita Compounding Pharmacy and why she decided to focus so much on the educational side. She has a passion that stems from personal experience and frustration with commercial medication and the complications that come with them. Her take on medicine and health is fascinating and her true passion for educating more people and doctors is apparent.
What You’ll Learn:
- What a compounding pharmacy is and why it is so effective.
- The difference between a compounded hormone and a commercial hormone.
- Complications related to commercial medication.
- Why it’s so important to educate yourself on medications instead of just trusting that they will all work for you.
- The importance of checking your hormone levels and how it can help point to possible issues
- What to do when you’re not sure what’s in your supplements and medications.
Resources for this Episode:
- Deb Hubers: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Blog
- La Vita Resources and Referrals
- Wine Women & Hormones
- San Diego Business Journal
- Women’s Health Initiative
- Maya Angelou
- SCORE San Diego
- Scripps Integrative Medicine
- Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine
- Bastyr University San Diego
- Epigenetics RX
- Start with Why
Thanks for Listening!
I appreciate you visiting our site today and listening to this episode.
If you’re listening through the Apple Podcast App, please help us by partnering with us to grow this movement. The first step to helping us reach more San Diegan’s is to leave a 5-star review for the Stay Wealthy San Diego Podcast! (Please click the link from your cell phone, then click the REVIEWS tab).
Ratings, reviews, and subscribes are extremely helpful to expanding our reach within the Apple community.
Enjoy the Show? Subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher!
Actionable Ideas to Maximize Your Wealth
And no, giving up your daily Starbucks isn't one of them. Stay connected and never miss an update. Join the Stay Wealthy newsletter.